Monday, October 22, 2012

Food + Foto | Linguini + Pesto


So, for week 3's assignment in my Souvenir Foto School - Food + Foto class, we were to make (and photograph) the main meal of the class - linguini with pesto! And I will be honest I did not make the pasta (that's just crazy talk).  However, I did make pesto from scratch and it kind of blew my mind. No joke. No more store bought pesto for this girl! :) 

Next week is dessert - chocolate honey mousse with sel del mar (um whatever that is), assorted cheeses (being a salt lover, this is making my mouth water already!) & seasonal fruits, and italian freshly pressed espresso. 

Oh, and just FYI, I am totally having a panic attack regarding the mousse. How does one even make that?! 

xo,
j.

4 comments:

  1. Jamie, I've got to stop reading your posts right before dinner.... makes me drool every time! Love your photos, the black background adds lots of fabulous drama. Can't wait for next week's menu...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catherine, thank you! The black background is definitely something new for me. I tend to gravitate toward light, airy backgrounds. However, this week I decided to bust out of my comfort zone! So, I really appreciate the compliment!

      xo,
      j.

      Delete
  2. I was just going to repeat what Catherine said! I really should eat before seeing your food shots. Always looks so delicious!
    p.s Catherine, it's going to be dessert next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could say the same about your photos, Charmaine! I am STILL having dreams about that cheese in your photos last week!

      Delete