Tuesday, November 29, 2011

'Tis the Season to be Together

What I love most about the holidays is the sense of togetherness it brings.  The chance to hang out and just be with your friends and loved ones.  Throughout the year, it is always a hustle & bustle.  Then, Thanksgiving arrives and it seems like a shift happens - friends make more of an effort to meet for dinner, couples go shopping together, parents & children spend time decorating the tree (and thinking of all the gifts that will go underneath it!), and (a favorite of mine) families gather for holiday photos...

This past weekend was no exception to the kind of togetherness I am describing and adore. I had the pleasure of photographing the fun & outgoing McElderry family. We had grandparents, parents, smitten couples, sisters, children & grandchildren - all home and in one place! I watched (albeit usually through my viewfinder) sisters teasing one another, kids giggling, couples kissing, grandparents/parents beaming with pride, and an unbreakable bond running through multiple generations.  It was a lovely moment - one that I felt very honored to be a part of.  

So, a big THANK YOU to Rick, Debbie, Stacey, Matt, Kellie, Michele, Lorenzo & Giuliana for kicking off the holiday season with lots of love & laughter... and for allowing me to be the photographer to capture it all!  


❤,
Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment